Would you like to contribute to the smart_internet conference? These are the guidelines
Abstracts should be submited no later than January 6, 2017.
Articles should be submitted no later than February 10, 2018, to the following email address:
Articles must comply with the following guidelines:
The copy of the document must include:
– Author’s name and academic degree
– Institution name and address
– Contact numbers (phone and fax) and email address (personal website)
– Title of article (in Croatian and English)
– Abstract and keywords (in Croatian or English, no longer than 1,800 characters)
– Complete article approximately 50,000 characters (8,000 words) in length.
The Times New Roman (12pt) font must be used; paragraphs should not be indented, nor should headers and footers be used.
All tables, graphs and images must be numbered using Arabic numerals in the order in which they appear in the article. Titles of tables, graphs and images must be provided in Croatian and English, and these should appear above (not below or inside) the accompanying visuals. Sources should be listed directly beneath the visuals on the right, if applicable.
Footnotes must be numbered consistently throughout the article, and should provide additional information, not samples of extensive writing. Articles need to be language-edited.
First page should contain:
1. the name(s), position and degree of the author(s);
2. the name and brief institutional address(es);
3. phone number or e-mail;
4. maximum length of articles is 50,000 characters (8,000 words), 12-point, Times Roman, a ragged (not justifi ed) right margin; do not use headers and footers;
5. all manuscripts should have a summary of about 1,800 characters
6. avoid in the text footnotes and abbreviations except those that are widely understood; if abbreviations must be used, explain them when they are fi rst mentioned; write numbers one to nine in full in the text, except when they are attached to units of measure;
7. tables and fi gures should be numbered and carry a short title (list sources if necessary); use the table feature in Word to create tables;
8. notes should be numbered consecutively trough the text and typed at the end of the manuscript. Reference list: References in the text should be cited in the following manner: (Virilio, 1998: 45). Books should be cited: Virilio, P. (1998) La Bombe informatique. Paris: Galilée. Chapters in books and almanac should be cited: Golding, P. & G. Murdock (1979) “Ideology and the mass media: The question of determination”, pp. 189–224. In: M. Barrett et al.: Ideology and Cultural Production. London: Croom Helm. Journal articles should be cited: Hsueh, M., Yogeeswaran, K. & S. Malinen (2015) “Leave Your Comment Below: Can Biased Online Comments Influence Our Own Prejudicial Attituds and Behaviors?”, Human Communication Research, 41 (4), 557–576. doi: 10.1111/hcre.12059.
When sending electronic contributions, in case diagrams are added to the text, they should also be provided as separate file(s) in the format of the program used for creating them (e.g. MS Excel or similar).
Peer- review and publication:
All Abstract are going to be published in the Conference Proceedings.
Articles will undergo two or three blind reviews, following which the author will be responsible for implementing any modifications indicated by the reviewers. Modified submissions must be returned within 8 days of receipt. Papers which have received the best reviews will be published in a special themed issue of the scientific journal Medijska istraživanja / Media Research (http://srce.hrčak.medijska; www.mediaresearch.cro.net.hr (indexed in SCOPUS)or in the Journal of IAO / FO Varaždin http://jios.foi.hr
Requirements: It is assumed that at least one of the authors has presented at the conference, and that the contributions have not been previously published elsewhere (in another journal, electronic publication or on the Internet), nor shall they be published without prior consent of the publisher. Media Research is under the CC (Creative Commons) licence (CC BY NC ND). Author is the copyright holder, with the quoting of the source and in agreement with the publisher. Authors allowe publisher to link theirs papers on web paige Media Research.
We are looking forward to your contributions!